- Steps Towards Independence
- Salem, NJ, USA
- Part Time
Develop a network of potential employers and maintain relationships with them to encourage them to hire young adults in the program. Support employers by addressing problems before they escalate and be available around-the-clock to resolve problems that jeopardize the resident's employment. Assist young adults to prepare for meaningful employment by providing career planning, job readiness and employment skills instruction and linkages to employment opportunities. Attend external meetings as assigned.
This part-time position requires a bachelors degree, use of an insured and registered vehicle, must have and maintain a valid drivers' license with an acceptable driving record.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- Assume an active role in agency events.
- Provides culturally competent service delivery.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!