- Pettirosso Community Home
- Sewell and Mullica Hill, NJ, USA
- Part Time
Duties: Assess residents and determine the method of allied therapies (music, recreation, occupational, vocational) that will best benefit them. Plan and facilitate group and individual sessions.
To be successful in this position you must become able to do the following essential duties and responsibilities always:
- Functions within agency's policies and procedures as outlined on agency public documents.
- Operates according to program operations manual.
- Meets communication requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets supervision requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets program quality requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets client interaction requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.Job Expectations Communication Requirements
- Communicates programmatic or job related concerns to supervisor and makes suggestions for improvement in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Communicates any performance concerns or training needs to supervisor in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture.
- Demonstrates competent written and verbal communication with referral sources and external customers.
- Is attentive and responsive to customer needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with coworkers and agency staff to effectively communicate and problem solve
- Meets with supervisor in accordance with program and licensing requirements.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address client related issues.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address performance issues and concerns.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to explore professional development and training needs.
Program Quality Requirements
- Meets obligations of program (contractual, licensing, Medicaid, etc.).
- Follows program policies and procedures and encourages same in others.
- Educates self on issues impacting the program population.
- Operates conscientiously in accordance with program budget (i.e., use of client engaging funds, office supplies).
- Completes and submits accurate written reports and documentation per established guidelines.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of written and verbal communications.
- Submits Level of Service (LOS) within program requirements.
- Attends agency and program meetings and trainings within established time frames.
- Plays an active role in meetings and trainings designed to enhance agency and program operations.
Client Interaction Requirements
- Provides culturally competent service delivery.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- Assume an active role in agency events.
- To qualify for this job you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience
- Bachelors degree required.
- Registered or Board Certified DMT, Registered or Certified Music Therapist, Evening/Weekends Availability
- Experience with adolescent mental health preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, use of an insured vehicle and an acceptable driving record.