- Family Success Center
- NJ, USA
- Full Time
Refer to Benefits Link
Responsible for resource and volunteer development by integrating him/herself into the immediate community and building mutually beneficial relationships with parents, faith community, business, advocates, and key stakeholders i.e. schools, service providers, local and county government and other agencies. Works with the community to highlight strengths and identify challenges where resources need to be leveraged and developed to better support and serve its children, youth and families. Identifies the strengths, challenges and service gaps in the community in collaboration with the community partners and parent leaders, leads and assists the community in the development of support, services and approach, to address challenges of its families; Plans and coordinates strategies to involve parents, educators, retired professionals, and community leaders as volunteers at their local Family Success Center; manages the volunteers schedules, reviews and implements new methods for attracting, training, and retaining volunteer staff, incorporates and implements the Principles of Family Support and the Protective Factors into all aspects of their work. Responsible for providing prevention programs to families by developing and maintaining a robust family engagement approach; facilitates parent involvement and parent leadership at the Center; develops Family Success Plans in partnership with families based on the goals of the family; incorporates and implements the Principles of Family Support and the Protective Factors into all aspects of their work; Advocates for/with families as needed; increases the family's ability to problem-solve and advocate for themselves and their children; establishes a trusting relationship with the families; participates and assists in coordination of Center activities and events.
This position requires Bachelors degree in human services or related field. Bilingual preferred.
Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, an acceptable driving recors and use of an insured vehicle.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- Assume an active role in agency events.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.