- Glassboro, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Refer to Benefits Link
The Operations Coordinator works closely with the Chief Operating Officer to coordinate and implement operations and administration for the agency including QCR support, Reporting and Dashboards, Project Management and agency business/services integration. The Operations Coordinator supports the implementation of internal and external daily operations and organizational project plans for the agency in support of our common vision, mission, and goals.
- Based on identified needs and emergent opportunities and trends, work with COO and staff to develop, implement and manage structure, planning, and processes for the development of new, and/or enhancement of existing, programs and services
- Assist in the coordination of day-to-day office operation, including, but not limited to: problem and conflict resolution, organization and prioritization of tasks; respond to written communications; copy documents; and establish and maintain files as needed (hard copy and electronic). Help troubleshoot any issues that may arise from the program teams, triage the issue, and if needed direct to appropriate support.
- Compile data for and prepare a variety of reports as required. May include financial, dashboards or market research to assist in business development and programming
- Support Department Directors in the compilation and submission of grant packages. Assist in project management as required
- Coordinate systems and SOPs for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities.
- Note commitments made by executive management during meetings and arrange for staff implementation.
- Support the Quality/Compliance/Risk function as required by the agency COO, which includes but is not limited to, meeting scheduling and administration, action item implementation, and assistance with reporting and analysis
- In the COO's absence ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff; decide whether COO should be notified of important or emergency Issues.
- Review and summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist COO; coordinate the new information with background office sources; draw attention to important parts or conflicts.
- Partner with, and support key leadership staff to ensure agency operations are proceeding efficiently as expected.
- Provide consultation to all Program and Leadership staff when needed.
- Works collaboratively with all staff to effectively communicate and problem solve.
- Appropriately and timely communicates job related concerns to supervisor and make suggestions for improvement.
- Appropriately and timely communicates performance concerns with staff.
- Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture.
- Communicates information to and from Management Team/Leadership as appropriate and relevant. Ensure flow of communication occurs appropriately and timely.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication with internal and external customers.
- Is attentive and responsive to customer needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner.
Administrative Oversight Requirements
- Follows agency policies and procedures and ensures same in others.
- Oversee the use of data to ensure best practice.
- Educates self and staff on issues impacting department.
- Provide on-going evaluation and monitoring of performance through audits, reports, and direct
- Plays an active role in meetings designed to enhance department and operations
- Meets with supervisor as scheduled. Communicates to supervisor when needing to reschedule meetings.
- Represents agency at external meetings as required or assigned.
- Utilizes strengths/expertise by participating in sub-committees and workgroups or trainings to further enhance agency programs and operations
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- Assume an active role in agency events.
- Demonstrate ability in working with a variety of internal and external departments
- Knowledge of data reporting and analysis in excel, access and data reporting tools.
- Demonstrate advanced communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
To qualify for this job you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in social services or related discipline is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years minimum of experience in project management or related role
- Conflict resolution, group facilitation, and excellent communication skills essential.
- Must relate well to others.
- Strong work ethic; comfortable working independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, use of an insured vehicle and an acceptable driving record.