- Pettirosso Community Home
- NJ, USA
- Full Time
Refer to Benefits Link
Intensive therapeutic community home setting in which females will receive 24 hour supervision and intensive treatment services in a trauma-informed treatment milieu, with a goal of transitioning to a lower lever of service or reunification. Services are available to females living in any county in NJ and last 8 - 10 months on average.
Licensed clinician, LSW or LAC, LSCW or LPC preferred. Must be on track to obtain clinical level licensure.
Experience with trauma-focused therapy and crisis management.
Primarily daytime schedule (11:00 am - 7:00pm) with some flexibility.
To be successful in this position you must become able to do the following essential duties and responsibilities always:
- Functions within agency's policies and procedures as outlined on agency public documents.
- Operates according to program operations manual.
- Meets communication requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets supervision requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets program quality requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets client interaction requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Communicates programmatic or job related concerns to supervisor and makes suggestions for improvement in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Communicates any performance concerns or training needs to supervisor in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture.
- Demonstrates competent written and verbal communication with referral sources and external customers.
- Is attentive and responsive to customer needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with coworkers and agency staff to effectively communicate and problem solve.
- Meets with supervisor in accordance with program and licensing requirements.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address client related issues.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address performance issues and concerns.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to explore professional development and training needs.
Program Quality Requirements
- Meets obligations of program (contractual, licensing, Medicaid, etc.).
- Follows program policies and procedures and encourages same in others.
- Educates self on issues impacting the program population.
- Operates conscientiously in accordance with program budget (i.e., use of client engaging funds, office supplies).
- Completes and submits accurate written reports and documentation per established guidelines.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of written and verbal communications.
- Submits Level of Service (LOS) within program requirements.
- Attends agency and program meetings and trainings within established time frames.
- Plays an active role in meetings and trainings designed to enhance agency and program operations.
Client Interaction Requirements
- Provides culturally competent service delivery.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Psychosocial assessment and report.
- Initial treatment and crisis plan development/debriefing with family/resident.
- Individual/group therapy.
- IMDS strengths and needs assessment and updates.
- Attend treatment team meetings.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- Assume an active role in agency events.
To qualify for this job you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience:
- Must have master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, family therapy or other related field.
- Valid license at a clinical level in New Jersey preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, use of an insured vehicle and an acceptable driving record.