- Pettirosso Community Home
- Glassboro, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Refer to Benefits Link
Provide the necessary structure, support and guidance which assists adolescent females to acquire the skills they need to return to the community successfully or step down to a lower level of care. Effectively implements behavior management and de-escalation techniques to motivate youth to progress through program levels and achieve a positive discharge.
COVERAGE: various shifts including weekday, evening, weekend shifts, occasional overnight.
This position requires a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology or a related field required. Must have 3 - 5 years relevant experience. Must have and maintain a valid driver's, use of insured vehicle and an acceptable driving record.
- Must demonstrate iniative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to set goals, analyze work develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- Assume an active role in agancy events.