- Family Ties/Parent Support Services
- Glassboro, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Refer to Benefits Link
Serving the Southern region of NJ. Providing visits for children in foster care and their parents with the goal of reunitication/permanency. Responsibilities include transporting children to and from visits, modeling and coachiing parenting skills, facilitating appropriate interactions between parents and children and working collaboratively with DCP&P.
Bachelors degree required. Must have and maintain valid drivers license, an acceptable driving record and use of insured vehicle.
Family Ties: Assist with the permanency planning process by providing assessment of parenting skills and interactions with children to DCP&P.
Parent Support Services: Prepare families for reunification or maintain reunification for families that have been recently reunified.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- Assume an active role in agency events.
- Provides culturally competent service delivery.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.